@Patrik
I bought a AMD based laptop for my mother and the LTS version was unable to run
on it, it kept crashing, had display errors, the mouse did not work and many
other problems. So I had no choice then to install 14.10 at that time. When the
support ended I upgraded to 15.04 recently and then this bug started to surface.

In general I would expect canonical to improve their policy for
backporting bugs. Really, how useful is a release (with supposed
support), when bugs are not fixed and fixes only make it into the
development version that is still weeks out until a release.

  Xorg crashed with SIGABRT in fbBltOne()