Hallo Carla
I had a talk with a nouveau dev. that tells me that the fail set domain error
is a sort of OOM specific to video cards and in this case the memory of the
card is few so it run out, but on the other hand he admitted that nouveau would
have to better handle it.
Then we keep valid the report but the fix will not be the nexts...
Please update the report if you still having problems with nvidia drivers too.
Best regards

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  [Quadro FX 370] Compiz freezes entire desktop on Wily