When I open an image, and without zooming, try to drag to any direction
(which is ofcourse, by mistake), eog closes and a black screen appears
that says lightdm is starting, and lands me in login screen.

One instance of logging the event is described below.

executing  the following command produces the given output:

command
                   eog ~/Compiler_Design/image.jpg  --g-fatal-warnings
2>~/out.txt

output file contains
                  (eog:3899): Gdk-WARNING **: eog: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource
temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

also,  /var/crash/  got two new crash files:
            _usr_bin_eog.1000.crash
            _usr_bin_Xorg.0.crash

Link to crash files
           http://bit.ly/1EY58rc

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** Tags: eog ubuntu-bug
--
eog causes lightdm to restart when image is dragged
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426909