Hi Chris,

I am interested to see if the bios update could solve the kerning
issues.

However, I have unfortunately not succeeded updating the bios. I have
read the three suggested modes of doing so on the wiki, but am unable to
perform any of them. The first: I can't get the .iso on an USB drive.
Not through Ubuntu (Startup Disk Creator) nor Windows (Rufus).  In
Windows it says the .iso is unbootable. The second: I can't run the
Windows .exe, since I don't have a dual boot system. The third: further
information on the ThinkVantage option is not available on the wiki
page.

I understand that you are not here to solve my bios update issues, but
should you have a suggestion, let me know.

  LibreOffice has serious kerning issues with characters' display of
  font, bold, italic