Hi Christopher!

I beg you pardon for the extremely late answer :/

It did work afterwards, dont remembered what I did to fix it but I managed to
get it working somehow,, maybe I did reinstall everything, dont remember to be
honest. Sorry about that.

Right now at the moment its not a problem or I cant verify it is one, Ill get
back if it is in that case.

At the moment I cant test with the latest development release, but in a
few mounts I can do that , absolutely!

Do I have to install the development release then, or can I try this out
with a live-cd?

I can try to see if everything works installing, because that was not the case
before..
If others dont report this also, I think maybe one can assume its not a problem
anymore?

I dont know..

Thanks for the help!
Have a great day!

  Purple screen flicker on black screen when starting Ubuntu 14.04 with
  amd radeon 6450 gfx card