My comments on entry #13:
gedit   20-intel.conf
Copy in the lines starting with Section and ending with EndSection:
[code]
Section "Device"
   Identifier "Intel Graphics"
   Driver "intel"
   Option "AccelMethod" "uxa"
EndSection
[/code]
save
quit
sudo cp 20-intel.conf   /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d
enter your password

Check to see if the entry made it into the directory O.K.:
cat /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf

Now /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d is read once on boot so you have to reboot for
it to take effect.
What this configuration does is tell X11 to use the method "uxa" an older
section of code, since on this pc the newer code "sna" screws up.

If this configuration doesn't work for you, then delete the
20-intel.conf   entry  in  /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

Now Xenial and Wily install .iso's are a real bear to read on this Lenovo M58p
because of the garbled text.  On finish of install, before I do a reboot, I use
the install ubunto to make the conf.d entry into the target ubuntu install.
That's a bit tricky.
Let us know how you do.

  Garbled graphics in Wily with Intel GMA4500 chip