I think the xserver-xorg is causes tap action not work, because your
setting "TouchpadOff" is 2 (where only tapping is disabled). I had same
problem too, in Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 but when I try to configure using
"synclient TouchpadOff=0" (0= mean enables all functionally) it's
doesn't work. following this instruction
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Input#Input_Configuration_with_InputClass_sections
I make config file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d with name 50-synaptics.conf
to get back functionality of tap action in touchpad but when I try to
reboot, system doesn't load just stuck in file system check's screen.
I've been search for answer to solve this issue, but I not found it yet.

** Changed in: ubuntu-gnome

** Also affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

  Tap to click doesn't work