The problem still occurs when using  a kernel from vivid (3.19.0-35).

If I login, the resolution is not correct. If I fix the resolution
everything is fine until I logout (no need to reboot). If I login again,
the resolution is bad again.

The available resolutions seem to change from time to time. Sometimes after
login I get only 1920x1080 when doing a login, but it drops back to 1024x768 as
well, sometimes rescaling to 1920x1080 if I wait a bit longer (the error messag
already appeared at that time).
After logging in and waiting approximately 20 seconds I can go to display
options and reset my display to the full resolution( 3840x2160).

  UHD resolution not found when logging in, can select after login