That worked. Apparently the top-right corner is set, by default, to be a
middle-click. The bottom-right corner, I've since learned, is a right
click. None of this makes any sense to leave enabled since I have two
physical buttons below the trackpad.

Thanks for helping me debug this. Hopefully it'll be easier for people
to fix in the future. For reference, here's what I added to my
/etc/X11/xorg.conf to fix the issue permanently:

    Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad"
        Driver "synaptics"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"

        Option "RTCornerButton" "0"
        Option "RBCornerButton" "0"
    EndSection

  Synaptics touchpad pastes when clicked in the top-right corner