Started a few weeks ago to get this with my HSW 4200U laptop. Dunno the
exact date, but I've been using drm-intel-nightly all the time, so
presumably since PSR was default enabled.

/sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_edp_psr_status
Sink_Support: yes
Source_OK: yes
Enabled: yes
Active: yes
Busy frontbuffer bits: 0x000
Re-enable work scheduled: no
Main link in standby mode: no
HW Enabled & Active bit: yes
Performance_Counter: 50578

/sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_fbc_status
FBC disabled: FBC enabled (active or scheduled)
Compressing: yes

/sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_ips_status
Enabled by kernel parameter: yes
Currently: enabled

I've tried with the v6 "Disable fast link training if DP config changes"
patchset applied, no apparent change.

  Screen flickering in Intel i915 driver