To quote myself elsewhere:

"I upgraded to 15.10 almost immediately after it was released, and have
been suffering from this issue ever since (15.04 worked way better than
14.04, so I had high hopes). It mainly crops up for me in Chrome, and
ruins my day when I accidentally press YouTube's fullscreen shortcut
key. The only way out has been to "killall -u myname". I had hoped to
find this problem resolved, but with Ubuntu 16.04 looming, it's kinda
crazy that it isn't.

It's worth noting it isn't a typical crash. Video becomes mostly
unresponsive, with the exception of the mouse cursor that can still be
moved (has no effect though). Audio continues to work, even YouTube and
Twitch that are streaming, there is just no longer any useful display.
Other reports seem to suggest disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome
works around the issue, but that's not really acceptable because of the
need for WebGL and such."

  Fullscreen Crash Intel GPU since Ubuntu 15.10