Public bug reported:

When I engage light-locker to lock my screen, it locks the screen and
disables power to the monitor, as it should.  However, I can never get
video back again after that.  Power to the monitor is never restored,
and the only way I can get my video back at that point is to restart my
display manager, for instance by SSHing in from another machine.  At
that point, the video comes back and I can use the system again.

This problem only happens on my AMDGPU-based Radeon system.  I have
another system that uses Intel video that doesn't have this problem.  I
should note, though, that in Trusty 14.04 the power save and restore
functions worked perfectly fine, and there was no issue restoring video
when I wanted the system to wake up the video.  But of course, at that
point I was using FGLRX as my video driver, which is no longer supported
or available in 16.04.

I'm very willing to help debug this, so if there is anything I can do to
help, please let me know.

Thanks,
Brian

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
Package: xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu 1.0.1-1build2
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-15-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20-0ubuntu3
Architecture: amd64
Date: Thu Mar 24 20:43:48 2016
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Alpha amd64
(20160318)
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug xenial

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu in Ubuntu.

  Video cannot be restored after power save on AMDGPU