Since yesterday's dist-upgrade I'm getting

[  4305.170] (EE) Error compiling keymap
(server-A24141C1DFD907420EB8836C380C7C1C62283A5E)
[  4305.170] (EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap

errors in Xorg.0.log. Also, in qemu guests the keys are now totally
garbled, particularly the cursor keys, Home, etc. QEMU itself didn't
change in three weeks, and neither did the guest (verified on trusty
with evdev on a VT). As that started at exactly the same time, I suppose
it's not a coincidence but has the same root cause.

  Alt-backtick regression