Right, so is there anything we can do to build OSMesa for 14.04.x users
to resolve this? Or do we say sorry, don't mix OSMesa with OpenGL,
hopefully it will be better in the next LTS? IOW do you see this moving
towards "In Progress" or "Won't Fix"?

I completely understand the reasoning in bug #1424059, and maybe there
is no other way to resolve this in trusty without apt/dpkg versioned
Provides. I certainly don't have any ideas how to fix this.

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  glGenFramebuffers fails  when linked with OSMesa AND X11