I have been running 3.5.50 12.04.4 LTS and after the update for HWE
suggested I have no Xserver - X is com paining about cannot insert
nvidea.173.ko module to run the video card....and so no configuration
for X video....hence only command line. AS well it is now booting
3.13.0-32 instead of the latest kernel?? You guys have screwed this up
big time.

I could try a few things on my own, but am giving you this opportunity to fix
this problem first. Please advise soonest
VanDyke VSHELL Ver 3.5
Unauthorized access is prohibited. If you have attempted to login
or have reached this Site by mistake -STOP NOW. Breaches and unauthorized
access will be prosecuted. Contact ad...@alvey.ca for further information

alvey@192.168.111.22's password:
Welcome to Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-32-generic i686)

 * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/

Your Hardware Enablement Stack (HWE) is supported until April 2017.

alvey@Ubuntu-10:~$ uname -a
Linux Ubuntu-10 3.13.0-32-generic #57~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 03:50:54
UTC 2014 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
alvey@Ubuntu-10:~$ /Users/alvey

Thank you for the help here

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers-173 (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Updated HWE as suggested by support updates and now the NVidea driver 173 will
not insert and so no Xserver