Updated BIOS (sorry about not having it updated prior to bug report):

hbldh@Nedomkull:~$ sudo dmidecode -s bios-version && sudo dmidecode -s
bios-release-date
UX301LAA.211
06/05/2015

The computer ran fine for some days without any indication of recurrence
of the problem, but just now I encountered it again. This is pretty much
the same frequency as before. It does not happen at every suspension;
just closing the lid of the laptop and opening it again does reproduce
the error.

Unity menus, settings boxes and my Java-based Python IDE PyCharm are
examples of applications that display the problem: Chromium on the other
hand was not affected.

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

  Text disappears after suspend