Public bug reported:

The service authdaemond is not started by default at startup.
I had to use the following command so the service was started at startup :
$> sudo systemctl enable courier-authdaemon.service

Then the courier-imap with no particular authentification (ie through
authdaemon) method was able to work perfectly!

To give more details, the error encountered was that I wasn't able to use the
imap over ssl (although it worked perfectly up to 15.10 with nothing special to
do)
In /var/log/syslog, the logged lines that appeared each time my mail client was
trying to access to the local imap server were:
imapd-ssl: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: No such file or directory
imapd-ssl: LOGIN FAILED, user=JR, ip=[::ffff:192.168.1.254]
imapd-ssl: authentication error: No such file or directory

The release is:
Release:        16.04

courier-authdaemon:
  Installé : 0.66.4-3build1
  Candidat : 0.66.4-3build1
 Table de version :
 *** 0.66.4-3build1 500
        500 http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/universe amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I expected that the service was started automatically at startup.
What happened instead was it was not enabled, leading to this mess on my
kubuntu installation.

So if the package's maintainer could check whether on a usual install(
maybe this happened only on my computer) this service was enabled by
default, that could help other people.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
Package: xorg 1:7.7+13ubuntu3
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-28-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: KDE
Date: Mon Jul  4 20:19:02 2016
InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64 (20160420.1)
ProcEnviron:
 LANGUAGE=
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: xorg
Symptom: display

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug kubuntu xenial

  courier-authdaemon not enabled by default to start