Christopher, I don't know what happens if I  uninstall fglrx in 15.10
because I haven't tried (and I am reluctant to do so, since it's working
properly now), and I don't understand why it's even relevant to the
problem I'm reporting. Perhaps that is why I was confused by your
question. It's not me who is coming out of left field with this. rather
it is you who are asking something that has nothing to do with the bug
I'm reporting and not giving me a good reason. Why should I uninstall
fglrx in 15.10?

What I can tell you without doing something that could potentially break
my 15.10 system, after days of setting it up the way I want it, is that
before I installed the fglrx drivers in it, the machine was on low
graphics and installing fglrx fixed that.

  [HP ProBook 455 G3] Unable to boot