@ krasoffski

I have just :

Installed trusty 14.04.4 > no cursor issues

Updated and ended up with 14.04.5 > no cursor issues

enabled -proposed and updated > no cursor issues

Only issue I get is if I let upgrade to 16.04.x take place, issue is
then totally expected.

Not sure why you are seeing what you are but given you think it's on
14.04.5 probably a new bug, please re-report it and see if you can get
others to confirm on 14.04.5.

  Mouse cursor lost when unlocking with Intel graphics