Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-sis

Running Karmic Beta off the live CD on an Acer Aspire One ZG5 (Atom,
Intel 945). Dual head works file when second screen is attached on
startup (see bug #302227), but attaching the second monitor (IBM A70
CRT) locks up the computer 2-3 seconds after connection. Both screens
are re-initialized (second monitor switches mode, both go black and
mouse pointer re-centralizes on the bigger desktop) before the lock-up.

Please let me know if there is any further information I can gather to
help. The hardware is the same as #302227.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-sis (Ubuntu)

** Tags: 945gme compiz crash dual-head intel karmic needs-lspci-vvnn
needs-xorglog xorg

--
Plugging a second monitor hard-crashes (locks-up) the computer
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-sis in ubuntu.