The last two logs are for my user session using modesetting driver and
with the video group and accel config removed. The first with the
session started via lightdm, the second started using gdm3.

On my system, /usr/sbin/gdm3 and gdm-session-worker runs as root, while
the rest of the GDM processes run as user GDM. The greeter is run in a
Wayland session, not an X session.

I don't have Unity installed, sorry. This is a pretty stock Ubuntu GNOME
system.

  modesetting driver unbearably slow on intel graphics