not really expired.

The bug went away after some package update for several months (wow!) in
16.04 -- therefore I refused to run updates all this time to get a bit
of "normal life" during typing ;)

A few days ago I did an update and the damn bug returned... several
years of suffering from this Bug. BTW, guys, what keyboard layout are
you using when experiencing this bug?

I'm experiencing it only when using Neo2 layout.

It is not possible for me to find out the package causing it because of
"bulk" updating -- too many packages are on list and it is rather
impossible to update/upgrade them one-by-one and then test for the bug

  Random stuck keys on Lenovo Yoga 13