Public bug reported:

I use a Portuguese layout Apple aluminium keyboard on Ubuntu 16.10.
While the mappings are correct for nearly all the keys, several keys are
mapped incorrectly according to the legends on the keycaps:

1. the key left of z is marked as greater-than / less-than, yet when
pressed yields the noncombining backtick and tilde characters.

2. The Euro symbol is shown as the alt-gr symbol on the three, yet this
produces a £ sign (alt-gr E produces a Euro instead)

3. the section sign / plus-minus sign characters are shown on the key to
the left of the "1", but this key produces the greater-than and less-
than signs instead.

I've enclosed the standard information in a zip file, plus a photo I
took of the left hand side of the keyboard in case my explanations are a
touch inadequate.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "apple-keyboard-issue.zip"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1678635/+attachment/4852790/+files/apple-keyboard-issue.zip

** Description changed:

- I use a Portuguese layout Apple aluminium keyboard. While the mappings
[...]

  Some keys on Portuguese Apple aluminium are incorrect