The issue is still exactly the same with Linux kernel 4.12.0-041200rc1
from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline :

*  XORG does NOT load its 'nouveau' module.

*  Even when I activate my '20-module-nouveau.conf' file to force XORG
to load its 'nouveau' module, this 'nouveau' module does NOT report any
graphics hardware or outputs, and XORG unloads it.

-  Are you sure that Linux kernel 4.12 really takes 'Nvidia GeForce GTX
1050 Ti Mobile' into account ?

-  Would it be useful to install a more recent version of the 'xserver-
xorg-video-nouveau' package ?

** Attachment added: "Xorg.0.log with kernel 4.12rc1 and nouveau forcibly
loaded"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nouveau/+bug/1682233/+attachment/4876618/+files/Xorg-with-kernel-4.12rc1-and-nouveau.0.log

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  10de:1c8c [MSI] Module nouveau seems to MISS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  Mobile