Christopher, I have since upgraded that Dell Precision to 17.04 and
while I still often get the error popup on that computer I cannot
confirm that it is actually Xorg that crashed, because now that I
looked, the crash popup on 17.04 today was about some unrelated software
(unity-settings-something) so I can't really be sure if I have ever seen
Xorg crash on 17.04. It used to be Xorg when the Dell computer had
16.10, though.

The UX32VD that still runs 16.10 continues to show the Xorg crash from
time to time (but not nearly at every boot).

Also I checked with my co-workers and those (2) who run 16.10 all
regularly see an error popup but none can verify that it's still
actually about Xorg (it happens frequently enough that no-one bothers to
look anymore). A co-worker who's still on 16.04 says he hasn't seen the
error.

So in summary I can only definitely say that 16.10 shows that Xorg crash
and that it has happened on more or less every computer I or my co-
workers have used with 16.10.

  "internal error" popup on login