@Fredrik Ok, different problem then. I have tested some more now. It is
still working good in most cases and it seems like disable while typing
has improved as well (might be some update). However, I'm experiencing
micro freezes/locks for the mouse (1-3 seconds) which is very annoying.
I.e., everything is not perfect.

I use this kernel, with standard kernel modules, libunput etc:
Linux boll 4.10.0-24-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 14 08:14:34 UTC 2017 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  psmouse broken for thinkpad touchpad on carbon x1 5th gen