I suggest to change the importance of tis bug from "low" to "high"!

I bought this notebook in May 2016; installed was windows 10. I hardly
use windows. Additionally, for "productivity" work, I installed 3x linux
- at that time kubuntu and ubuntu 14.04 with amd driver fglrx.

I upgraded 1 installation to 16.04, because while working 14.04 often
suddenly "died", i.e. no further keyboard or mouse input was possible;
no reboot was possible, I had to shutdown by  pressing the off-button
for several-seconds.

16.04 does not support fglrx, it can only be started by using kernel parameter
nomodeset.
Hoping this situation would change, I tested all new kernels and versions. One
effect was,three times I had to set up the pc completely, also recovering win
10 - that lasted every time about one week:

E.g. installing 16.10 at a seperate partition and starting without any
workaround parameters, the esp (efi system partition) was destroyed, I
was not able to repair the installion.

Meanwhile, for productivity use, I have changed to a tower. The hp
pavilion is only used for testing graphic driver support!

  [HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g164ng] black screen when booting