Public bug reported:

When using a Wayland gnome-session or Wayland ubuntu-session in Ubuntu
17.10, gnome-terminal (v3.24.2 is the version in the 17.10 repositories)
does not fill the screen at all when snapping the window to the right or
left side. There are large gaps on the right and bottom edges of the
terminal window in Wayland. On the same computer, with the same version
of gnome-terminal in an Xorg gnome-session or Xorg ubuntu-session, the
window fills screen space entirely and there is no problem. I am not
using display scaling or hidpi features at all, my display resolution is
set at default 1080p. This needs to be fixed or I'm ditching gnome-
terminal.

Expected behavior: gnome-terminal window should fill right/left of screen when
snapped to corner in a Wayland session
What happened instead: gnome-terminal window does not fill screen space when
snapped to right or left edge of desktop on Wayland session, there are large
gaps below and to the right of the snapped window on either side.

** Affects: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)

** Affects: wayland (Ubuntu)

** Tags: gnome-terminal wayland

** Also affects: wayland (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

- When using a Wayland gnome-session or ubuntu-session in Ubuntu 17.10,
[...]

** Summary changed:

- gnome-terminal does not fill screen when window snapping on Wayland
+ gnome-terminal does not fill screen when window snapping on Wayland in Ubuntu
17.10

which is subscribed to wayland in Ubuntu.