As additional information, I can add that this bug seems to correlate
with monitor type or screen resolution.

When I encountered the error (all the time), I was using a high res HP
Z27s monitor (I attached get-edid and xrand information with Z27s
prefixes). However, since I couldn't work with the bug in effect, I had
to do something and so I tried changing to a normal Samsung SyncMaster
SA650 monitor (information attached with SA650 prefixes) and since then
I haven't experienced the bug.

I hope this extra information is useful. I'm happy to do further
troubleshooting if necessary.

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  gnome-shell crashed with SIGSEGV in glsl_type::_vec4_type() from
  intel_update_image_buffers() from intel_update_renderbuffers()