Public bug reported:

assuming I have 2 displays, eDP1(3840x2160) and DP1-1(1920x1200), and I
want DP1-1 placed to the left of eDP1 while scaling it 2x2...

xrandr --output eDP1 --auto --output DP1-1 --auto --scale 2x2 --left-of
eDP1

after running the above command, eDP1 ends up having a pos of 1920x0 but
DP1-1 ends up with a scaled resolution of 3840x2400, which causes half
of it's screen area to be displayed on eDP1, overwriting half of eDP1's
screen. I have also reproduced this behavior with --scale-from instead
of --scale.

I think that the pos of eDP1 in this case should end up at 3840x0,
otherwise the utility of the ease of use operators like --right-of,
--left-of, --above, etc is zero when used in conjunction with --scale or
--scale-from.

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** Tags: xrandr

  xrandr relative positioning does not take into account the --scale
  parameter