Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: xorg

I have a Jaunty x86_64 install with an NVidia GPU that used to perform
flawlessly: acceleration, reliable suspend/resume, etc.

At some point recently after a kernel upgrade, the system began to have
hard-lockups. I couldn't find rhyme or reason, till now. I am able to
ssh into the box and I saw the tail of dmesg (attached).

It seems that now, sometime about 5 - 10 minutes after a seemingly
successful resume, the screens simply lock up, keyboard goes dead, even
num/caps lock are unresponsive.

Again, this exact same hardware configuration on this exact same OS used
to be rock-solid; no need for a reboot ever. Now, it seems that anytime
after a suspend I get this crash.

I wish I could tell you the old/new kernel versions; sorry, it hasn't
been that cut-and-dried.

I can't do a bug report from the machine because it is unresponsive
(can't even soft-reboot) so I'm doing a manual report. Please let me
know if there's anything else I can provide.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: lockup nvidia xorg

--
hard lock up after suspend