Christopher M. Penalver,

- I tried to reproduce the problem after login with GNOME Flashback
(Metacity) for 2 days.
I tried many things, but without success, everything worked perfectly.

- By awakening with Unity, the display comes back during one second,
then every time becomes black again during another second, and then
stays on with or without the blinking problem of parts of the screen.
With Metacity, as a normal behavior, the screen does not become black
again during one second, and the display is immediately good, as expected.
The screen becoming black again is not normal and is a sign for a not
mastered screen processing, pieces of code taking their liberty for
undesirable results.

- I have noticed that the problem has more chance to occur after opening
and closing several windows, and switching between them. Again today.

- It is possible that the problem appeared with the kernel release which
began to manage Intel graphic cards.
I remember, without warranty, having feared the worse at that moment,
_before_. Since, perhaps with Unity a crazy process is remaining on
awakening.

Pierre Wilch

Le 16/02/2018 à 01:20, Christopher M. Penalver a écrit :
> Pierre Wilch:
>
> Regarding GNOME Flashback, one would have to install it via a terminal:
> sudo apt-get install gnome-session-flashback
>
> Once installed, and you restart to the login screen, GNOME Flashback
> (Metacity) should be an option.

  Hazardous displays when coming back from sleep state