I strongly suspect this is the same bug in upstream kernel v4.15, which
causes this issue:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-
server/+bug/1760450/comments/6

I am basing this on the "signal 7" (SIGBUS), as this is relatively rare
on x86 [1].  Also that it occurs inside xorg_backtrace() - this is also
*supposed* to be relatively rare, because libunwind tries to use a
clever trick to avoid reading wild pointers and dying with a
segmentation fault [2].

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2089167/debugging-sigbus-on-x86-linux
[2] https://lwn.net/Articles/502864/

I would also predict that the original fault was caused by fetching the
first instruction of the function, but it looks like we don't have the
symbol information for it.  (boo, nvidia).

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Xorg crashed with signal 7 in dl_new_hash()