OK ... I think that's all I can do for today.  I've uploaded as
attachments to this original report all the files generated by apport-
bug today, and marked the other ticket as a duplicate.

(I apologize for that, but I can't use my personal Launchpad account
from the kiosks, and I'm only there once a week, so I used the "RBL
Admin" account to generate the requested apport-bug files.  I've marked
the extra ticket as a duplicate of this one now that I've copied over
all the files.)

As I noted earlier when I had direct access to the machines, this seems
to be a pair of issues, both possibly in the Radeon driver.  The "unable
to unblank after idle" problem is shown in the Xorg.0.log file from
today, and also in the XorgLogOld.txt file from apport-bug -- namely,
Xorg errors reporting keyboard and mouse events are being dropped.

And, when we do a "hard resume" by issuing Alt-SysRq-k, that sometimes
works to get back to the login screen, and sometimes generates a kernel
crash in the radeon driver -- as shown in the apr1.full.kern.log (all
the /var/log/kern.log* entries from April 1st) and the accompanying
kernel stacktrace photo in radeon_kernel_panic1.jpg.

Please let me know if there's any further data I can try to collect next
week when I'm on-site again.  Thanks very much,

Chris.

  kernel panic in Radeon driver while screen blank