Ok I fixed the problem on my system. This has nothing to do with
libglvnd but I don't know to which package it should be attributed.
Problem (at least for me) seems to be linked to

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/50_check_unity_support

that fails (as I had uninstalled unity after update) and causes Xsession to
fall-back on LLVMPipe.
Remove or comment that file and accelerated drivers are back

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (Skylake GT2)

Hope this helps, and that someone more experienced can tag the
appropriate package so that the update removes this leftover check.

which is subscribed to libglvnd in Ubuntu.

  Upgrade from 16.04 to 18.04 disables hardware acceleration on Intel
  Graphics