Just to clarify above comment from hans005: from what I can read here
his problem (#138, #145) was a completely different issue: standby with
nvidia GPU.

This regression relates to *hibernation* (not mere standby) and AFAIK,
has been experienced with a variety of GPUs (included Intel integrated
GPUs as in my case) so it's quite likely *not* a condition related to
GPU drivers or model in use - although it's common for less run-of-the-
mill dGPUs to exacerbate such issues I suppose.

I don't believe there are any workarounds to the issue accurately
captured by the bug's headline.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  [regression] hibernation (freezes on resume) since 4.13.0-25.29