Hi Team,

This is to confirm that the above problem no longer exists.

As backups of all important files had been made, no significant data was
lost.  Ubuntu 16.04 was reinstalled and all subsequent updates since
then have been successful.

Thanks for your interest.

Mark French

On 21/07/18 04:56, gf wrote:
> Hello Mark,
> Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with computer
> unusable under Ubuntu 16.04. You made this bug report some time ago and
> Ubuntu has been updated since then.
>
> Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
> ticket?
> If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
> this bug?
> If you are, could you let us know and, run the following (only once):
> apport-collect 1755120
> and upload the updated logs and any other logs that are relevant for this
> particular issue.
>
> Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu better.
>

> ** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Computers unusable following latest update to Ubuntu 16.04LTS.
  Computer unusable