I am so so so sorry for I made a mistake of selecting the wrong kernel
with the wrong architecture to install, which lead to all those error
messages during boot in v4.19. (My laptop should install the kernel with
architecture amd64 but I installed i386, I am so sorry for making things
more complicated, SORRY!!!)

Anyway, I "apt purge" the wrong kernel (4.19 with architecture i386) and
just installed the proper one(architecture amd64).

However! The issue in the v4.17 remain in the 4.19! I don't see anything
improve in my situation, I still can't get in the system, getting stuck
in the black screen after the Ubuntu logo during the boot, I can only
access the system in recovery mode; the brightness of my display can't
be adjusted; the setting for my display still says "Unknown Display",
and the laptop can't get back if I put the whole system into sleep
mode(by turn off the display)

Any idea? Please help!!!! Thanks in advance!

  Xorg freeze (black screen after ubuntu logo during boot)