Sorry no longer have Ubuntu installed on my machine..!

What I can confirm was that at the time it was a fresh install of Ubuntu
18.04 Beta (about a month before it's actual full release), I believe I
had all the updates.

In general terms with this computer model of mine, screen corruption
after the computer sleeping has been an on and off problem, particularly
with the Ubuntu distro on different versions..!

If it helps I am currently using Manjaro Linux which does not seem to
have this issue..!

Thanks for the reply!

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  [nouveau] Screen corruption after suspend