I'm getting this error message and arbitary freezes on my system *with
Kubuntu 18.10 (the current version) installed*.

Given that this bug is still happening across the three latest versions
of (K)Ubuntu, can this bug be marked valid again, so people with this
problem on the current versino of Ubuntu aren't discouraged from adding
their info here?

  kernel: [drm:intel_pipe_update_end [i915]] *ERROR* Atomic update
  failure on pipe B