Hi,

i encounter a strange issue with hardware accelerated video playback
with gstreamer (vaapi) and calls to xrandr to query display information.

I dont know for sure what causes this behaviour, but i think it is the
intel driver or xrandr, or a combination of both.

IMPORTANT: The bug only appears if i use a DisplayPort Adapter (DP to
DVI, or DP to HDMI, doesnt matter) to connect the computer to my
monitor. If i connect the monitor directly via DispalyPort the bug is
not encountered. (using the DisplayPort directly without adapter is
unfortunately not an option for me)

Bug Description:
If i play some hardware accelerated mp4/mov files via gst-launch-1.0 and call
"xrandr -d :0.0" the video freezes about 9 of 10 times for round about half a
second or so. If i do the same without a DisplayPort Adapter connected between
my computer and my monitor the video plays fine and no framedrops are visible.

System description:
Release:        18.04

Linux abc 4.15.0-43-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 6 14:45:28 UTC 2018
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 3185 (rev
03)

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 122
model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @ 1.10GHz
stepping        : 1
microcode       : 0x28

I added a bugreport.txt file with detailed information, and additional system
information like:
- dmesg
- uname -ar
- cat /proc/cpuinfo
- lspci | grep -i vga
- cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
- dpkg -l | grep intel
- dpkg -l | grep mesa
- vainfo

If you need some more information just let me know. I will provide them
as soon as possible.

** Affects: xrandr (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
xrandr short freeze of hardware accelerated video playback with gstreamer
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1813757