The title of this bug is unfortunately generic, however it appears there
are several different underlying bugs in the system which produce
similar symptoms (random screen blanks).  The particular bug
investigated upstream for this report was fixed by the referenced patch.

We maintain bug reports on a per-bug basis rather than a per-symptom
basis, so since the particular bug investigated for this bug report was
solved, this report should be closed, even if people are still seeing
the same symptom (due to a different issue).  I know that sounds
confusing and perhaps frustrating, but this workflow is necessary to
make solving these problems feasible.  Otherwise we end up with one bug
report that is a mishmash of different discrete bugs and it becomes
ambiguous what their status is; this greatly increases the difficulty to
developers working on the bug, which isn't in our interest.  ;-)

Bug #331522 is tracking one remaining screen blanking bug, so I would
encourage you to watch that one.  If you are having this symptom and
believe it is due to a bug different from #331522, please file a new
bug.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu)

--
[RS690M X1200] (Needs 55fbdbae) screen randomly blanks for short times
which is the registrant for xserver-xorg-driver-ati.