Done. I changed a couple things since reporting this though. I stopped
setting the screen positions in the initial commands I posted. I booted
with no monitor attached, without running the script, then connected the
monitor and ran it (again, without settings positions) and sent the
report while the laptop display was disabled (only using external
monitor.) If you need me to run it some other way let me know.

  Disconnected monitors act as present