Public bug reported:

Quite hard to get meaningful errors / logs, but I'll try to explain the
best I can.

I'm running on a Dell XPS 9370 (the developer edition).

I was running 18.04 on Wayland and have updated to 19.04 using the `do-
release-upgrade` executable to 18.10 and then `do-release-upgrade -d`.

Still running on Wayland (although, as far as I can see, the issue is
also on X), the pointer / touchpad has become very jumpy and has an odd
acceleration profile.  I had set the acceleration profile to "FLAT" on
18.04 and have tried to re-set that, but it doesn't seem to have changed
anything.

When I move long distances, the pointer seems to suddenly x2 in speed
(rather than linear acceleration that I'd be used to), making it
difficult to accurately point.

The worst experience seems to be small adjustments, for example
highlighting text.  The cursor feels like it randomly jumps, some time
it's fine, sometimes it jumps quite significant screen distance for a
tiny movement of my finger and other times it is fine.

I'm more than happy to provide logs, videos etc.

Thanks all!

** Affects: libinput (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to libinput in Ubuntu.

  Jumpy touchpad input when upgrading to 19.04 from 18.04