1/2/3. I made a fresh install.

On the first boot, device was blocked at the "Ubuntu" logo with the dots
blinking white and orange forever. Pressing Esc wouldn't do anything
(it's supposed to show the boot process) and pressing NumLock on the
numpad wouldn't light the NumLock LED (it's my to-go check to see if the
system froze or not).

I force-shutdown it, started again, this time it showed me the login
screen, I logged in and it remained on a dark purple screen with a black
mouse cursor for about 1-2 minutes before finally displaying the OOBE
screen (where you have to press Next and select if you want to send
anonymous report etc.).

I then typed `journalctl -b-1 > prevboot.txt`, this is the file attached
to this comment. Apologies as the locale is set to Chinese because my
timezone is Taipei.

** Attachment added: "prevboot.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1822047/+attachment/5250111/+files/prevboot.txt

  After install, cannot boot into system unless I use nomodeset kernel
  parameter