Also assigned to xorg-server, because Xorg should be intercepting
Alt+KEY. If Xorg fails to do so and somehow the key events get sent to
the VT then we get the unwanted VT's interpretation of Alt+KEY.

** Description changed:

+ WORKAROUND:
+
+ sudo kbd_mode -s
+
+ ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION:
+
  I'm running Ubuntu Lucid development branch.

  Pressing alt-f2 switches the screen to the second virtual terminal.
  Alt-f3 does the same to the third and so on. I expected alt-f2 to open
  the run dialog.

  I'm pretty sure that my keyboard is not malfunctioning as I can use all
  my applications normally. (Pressing O and Ctrl-O do not have the same
  effect.)

  I'm not sure which package I should file this bug against. I'll happily
  do an apport-collect once I know.

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Alt+KEY incorrectly behaves like Ctrl+Alt+KEY
+ Alt+KEY incorrectly behaves like Ctrl+Alt+KEY, and/or unwanted VT switch from
Alt+Left/Right

** Also affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu)