I've tested Ubuntu 18.04.2 on 2 machines with different hardware:

- One Laptop with Intel CPU integrated graphics, it works well.

- A Laptop with an AMD APU, the problem is the same.

I use a Kaveri AMD APU on my main PC and the other person affected on
this bug, another AMD APU.

So we have 3x problematic APU vs. 1x working Intel.

Recent updates came misconfigured for AMD APUs, and we're running our
entire systems without VDPAU hw acceleration, not only kodi.

FYI: I've tested Disco Dingo, it has not problem with my APU.

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Kodi package crash after the update of libdrm-amdgpu1