Thanks for looking into this, and the pointer.

I guess, another option would be to not request shortcut inhibition,
unless I'm misunderstanding its value? Unless there's a worry that some
other application will be able to steal your password this way — it
doesn't seem obviously warranted to me.

For example, `ssh-askpass-fullscreen` does not generate this prompt. It
isn't clear to me that the fullscreen-ness of this implementation
materially changes the risk profile, so either shortcut inhibition isn't
useful, or I should file a bug against `ssh-askpass-fullscreen` to
either request this privilege or document the gap.

which is subscribed to wayland in Ubuntu.

  Unity in Wayland prompts for keyboard focus on each run of ssh-
  askpass-gnome