If someone is interested in a workaround for using either nvidia or the
intel card, I've worked out the following setup:

One grub entry for intel only:

modprobe.blacklist=nvidia_drm modprobe.blacklist=nvidia_modeset
modprobe.blacklist=nvidia snd_hda_intel.enable=1,0,0

Adding the above parameters to grub and using just the intel GPU I'm
able to run my omen laptop with 8-9W (25% Display brightness) which
gives me around 7-8h :)

Every other setup just goes with around 15W ....

Second grub for using the nvidia together with the binary blob:

I'm using the following grub parameter to tell that I want to use the
discrete card:

discretevga=y

Therefore I've a shell script that checks for this cmdline param and
activate the needed xorg conf:

#!/bin/bash

if [ -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia.conf ]
then
    rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia.conf
fi

cat /proc/cmdline | grep 'discretevga' > /dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
    ln -s /usr/local/etc/x11-nvidia.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia.conf
else
    rmmod nvidia_drm
    rmmod nvidia_modeset
    rmmod nvidia
fi

exit 0

here is the x11-nvidia.conf that I'm using:

Section "Module"
        Load "modesetting"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier "Nvidia Card"
        Driver "nvidia"
        BusID "1:0:0"
        Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration"
EndSection

Drawback is obviously the needed reboot, that is needed to switch between the
cards, but at least I'm able to use really both on their own without any issue.

And for me 90% of the time I'm just using the intel card, so most
important is low power consumption.

Hopefully this helps some of you guys ;)

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 in Ubuntu.

  System does not reliably come out of suspend