@vanvugt The tearing's a nonissue now so it makes sense to refashion
this report to deal with the flicker only. I'd really rather not shirk
this report with the traction it's received.

Re #19, just the one screen. But that makes no difference either. I have
a multiple screen setup on a different computer and this happens there
too. It happens everywhere, regardless of hardware. It also happens with
all the extensions and modes are pulled out. It happens regardless of
what theme or what shell theme I use. And I haven't been able to
reproduce this issue on Arch, Fedora Rawhide or Manjaro.

  Video flicker on triggering OSD in Xorg (but not Wayland)